March 4, 2013
The city's Street Transportation Department will host a Bicycle Summit in each City Council District to encourage bicycle community discussion with residents who bicycle for commuting, athletic training or recreation. The summits will be held:
- 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 2, District 8, at the Rio Salado Community College Downtown, 619 N. Seventh Ave., room 1007
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 9, District 3, at Shea Wellness, 10401 N. 32nd St.
- 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 16, District 7, at Desert Meadows Elementary School Library, 6855 W. Meadows Loop East
- 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. March 23, District 1, at Goelet A. Beuf Community Center, 3435 W. Pinnacle Peak Road, room 101
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 30, District 6, at Pecos Park Community Center, 17010 S. 48th St., room 3
- 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 6, District 5, at Washington Park Activity Center, 2240 W. Citrus Way
- 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. April 13, District 2, at Paradise Valley Community Center, 17402 N. 40th St., multi-purpose room
- 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. April 20, District 4, at Longview Recreation Center, 4040 N. 14th St.
Each summit will include discussions on completed bicycle projects; opportunities to improve conditions for bicyclists such as the 2013 street overlay, tunnels, bridges, paths and bike lanes; bicycling resources; and potential projects such as connections between Parks and Recreation Department trails and on-street bicycle facilities, bike lanes, bicycle corrals and racks.
To register for the free event, contact Joseph Perez, bicycle coordinator, at email@example.com or 602-534-9529. For more information about bicycling in Phoenix, visit phoenix.gov/bicycling.