Sentencing Guidelines for Misdemeanors
The following are the ranges of jail, probation and fines for misdemeanor offenses in Arizona and the City of Phoenix.
• Many misdemeanors have mandatory minimum sentences.
• Many misdemeanor offenses such as DUI, domestic violence offenses and graffiti offenses have additional mandatory consequences. These may include counseling, Ignition Interlock Devices, community service, restitution or other requirements.
• In every case, the judge can impose other sentencing conditions that he or she deems to be appropriate, whether there are mandatory sentencing requirements or not.
Class 1 Misdemeanor:
• 0-3 years unsupervised probation
• 0-$2,500 fine plus surcharge
• 0-180 days jail
Class 2 Misdemeanor:
• 0-2 years unsupervised probation
• 0-$750 fine plus surcharge
• 0-120 days jail
Class 3 Misdemeanor:
• 0-1 year unsupervised probation
• 0-$500 fine plus surcharge
• 0-30 days jail