1. Certify your construction firm in the Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program if you are a small business owner.
2. Check proposed small business enterprise goals at the city's Design and Construction Procurement page.
3. Print out Planholders list on interested projects.
4. Be Proactive! Contact general contractors listed on Planholders list.
5. Monitor the city's Bid Schedule to see if your general contractor has been awarded a project
6. Submit as many bids as possible to general contractors.
For information on how to supply goods, general or professional services to the city, review Step-by-Step - Supplying Goods, General or Professional Services.