Annexation is a method by which a city or town extends and increases its corporate limits. The process is closely governed by Arizona law. (Title 9, Chapter 4, Article 7, Arizona Revised Statutes)
There are many benefits of annexation, including the following services that are provided to City of Phoenix residents.
- Fire protection and emergency medical service
- Police protection
- Water and wastewater services
- Solid waste, trash collection and related services
- Zoning and building protection
- Street maintenance and cleaning
- Cultural and recreational programs
- Parks and libraries
- Participation in City government
For more specific information about the annexation process, click here to review the Annexation Guidelines and Procedures.
The following form must be filed with the City Clerk to request annexation into the City of Phoenix.
For more information on annexation, please call 602-256-3245 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org