Scheduled City of Phoenix Elections
- Council Election - August 27, 2013
- Runoff Election (if necessary) - November 5, 2013
The City of Phoenix conducts elections for city voters to elect the Mayor and the Council Members who represent the eight geographic Council districts of the City, and to approve or reject ballot propositions that pertain to the City of Phoenix.
The regular Phoenix elections for Mayor and City Council are held in August and November (Runoff) of odd-numbered years. The terms of City Council members are staggered; therefore the next regular elections are as follows:
- August 27, 2013 – to elect Council Members in Districts 2, 4, 6 and 8.
- August 25, 2015 – to elect the Mayor and Council Members in Districts 1, 3, 5 and 7.
Special elections may be called by the City Council or as required by law. State law permits special elections to be held on only four dates each year.
1. March (second Tuesday)
2. May (third Tuesday)
3. August (tenth Tuesday before the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November)
4. November (first Tuesday after the first Monday)
Caption: City Clerk Annexation and Elections staff
Early voting continues to be the most popular way for Phoenix voters to cast their ballots, with between 88% and 96% of all ballots cast at the last three citywide elections being cast by early ballot. For general information about voting early, use the link on the left side of this page.
Whether you are interested in working at the polls, voting early or just getting information about City of Phoenix elections, we hope you will find what you need here. If you are unable to find the information you need, have a question or have a suggestion to improve our website, please contact us.
City of Phoenix, City Clerk Department, Records and Elections Division
200 W. Washington St., Suite 1500, Phoenix, AZ 85003-1611