The City of Phoenix does not have or issue a general business license.
Only certain types of activities are regulated and require licensing.
License Service issues the following Regulated Business Licenses:
- AMUSEMENTS: COIN OPERATED GAMES, RIDES, CONCESSIONAIRES, GAME CENTERS, POOL HALLS & TEENAGE DANCE HALLS
- AUCTION HOUSES & AUCTIONEERS
- CURB PAINTERS
- ESCORT BUREAUS & ESCORTS
- MASSAGE ESTABLISHMENTS & MANAGERS
- SEXUALLY ORIENTED BUSINESSES & MANAGERS, ADULT CABARET PERFORMERS & EROTIC ENTERTAINERS
- VENDING: STREET VENDING, MOBILE VENDING, SECONDHAND DEALERS, SCRAP METAL DEALERS, & SWAP MEET LOTS
- SIDEWALK VENDING DOWNTOWN (ID Card Only. Must first be awarded a site by the Finance Department)
If you will also be conducting business in any surrounding cities, please check with each of those individual cities on any rules, regulations or requirements to conduct business there.
For information about other City of Phoenix or State/County permits, licenses, or approvals, please refer to the bottom section of the License Services home page.