Visit the Phoenix Convention Center website for additional information about convention services and venues.
The numbers listed below are as of July 2010.
|Pre-Expansion Square Footage of Civic Plaza Combined Exhibit and Meeting Space||302,000|
|Expanded Convention Center Square Feet of Combined Exhibit and Meeting Space||880,000|
|North Ballroom Square Footage||46,000|
|West Ballroom Square Footaqe||45,000|
|South Ballroom Square Footage||28,000|
|Symphony Hall Seating Capacity||2,312|
|Orpheum Theatre Seating Capacity||1,364|
Did you know...
- The Phoenix Convention Center officially changed its name in 2006 as the former Phoenix Civic Plaza underwent a $600 million expansion project that tripled the size of the regional meeting facility.
- The world-class Phoenix Convention Center is a LEED-certified convention center that now offers nearly 900,000 square feet of rentable space and it is one of the 25 largest convention centers in the United States, capable of hosting 80 percent of the convention meetings market.
- Located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, the Phoenix Convention Center attracts a myriad of international, national and regional conventions, trade shows, concerts, corporate meetings and consumer events and welcomes more than a million guests annually.
- The convention center is located on the METRO Light Rail Line, just seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, and is within walking distance to major convention hotels, restaurants, shopping and sports & entertainment attractions.
- The Phoenix Convention Center owns and operates two state-of-the-art performing arts venues = Symphony Hall and Orpheum Theater, which host traveling Broadway productions, world-renowned speakers, concerts and corporate functions. The theatres are home to three resident companies: Phoenix Symphony, Ballet Arizona and Arizona Opera.
Phoenix Hospitality Information (obtained from the Phoenix Convention and Visitors Bureau)
|Number of Hotel Rooms Within Walking Distance of Phoenix Convention Center||More than 3,000*|
|Full Service Resorts (with more than 30 rooms)||More than 40|
|Hotels (with more than 30 rooms)||Nearly 500|
|Total of Resort/Hotel Rooms in Phoenix||59,000 - 60,000|
* Hotel Palomar completed in 2012, adding 250 rooms totaling 3,053