About the program
The Outstanding Young Man and Young Woman (OYMYW) of the Year program recognizes and honors the outstanding achievements of young people, enhances the perception of youth and raises community awareness of the positive contributions of youth.
Each year, 16 high school students are selected as council district winners and recognized at an event, along with the teacher who inspired them the most. Each of the district winners will receive a $250 cash award. From the district winners, the two overall winners will be announced and each will receive an additional $2,000 cash award.
Winners from each council district, and the citywide Young Man and Young Woman of the Year, will be recognized at an event in the spring and in city publicity materials. District winners also will have an opportunity to participate in citywide programs and special appearances to promote youth issues.
To be considered for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current high school student (or home-schooled) in grades 9 through 12
- Live within Phoenix city limits
- Be a U.S. citizen or provide evidence that he or she is a permanent resident of the United States
- Complete and submit a scholarship application online and send required supporting documentation to the Review Committee within the provided deadline
- Finalist must be available for in-person interviews.
Applications are now being accepted!
Visit the online application to submit your entry into the Outstanding Young Man and Young Woman of the Year Award. Please be patient as the application loads and submits. Applications must be submitted by December 31, 2013.
For more information
Contact the Youth and Education Office at email@example.com.
Phoenix Rotary 100
Soroptimist International of Phoenix