IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN EMERGENCY AT THIS MOMENT, CALL 9-1-1.
The Office of Emergency Management coordinates and integrates all activities necessary to build, sustain and improve the capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, or mitigate against threatened or actual natural disasters, act of terrorism or other human-caused disasters.
The Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for managing the city’s Office of Emergency Management during each of the four phases of Emergency Management, which include: response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation planning. The Emergency Management Coordinator is also responsible for:
- Coordinating training programs and emergency operations drills.
- Assisting departments with their emergency and mitigation plans.
- Operating the Emergency Operations Center when necessary to manage the distribution of city services and resources to respond to and recover from a man-caused or natural event of significant impact to the city.
- Administering the submittal process for federal and state reimbursement claims for the city’s costs during emergency operations.
- Managing grant funding that is received through various grant programs established under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Office of Emergency Management
200 West Washington, 14th floor
Phoenix, AZ 85003