The Equal Opportunity Department offers workshops, programs and events designed to ensure equal opportunity for all Phoenix residents. The quarterly community event calendar located at phoenix.gov/eod/whatsnew lists events that the public is invited to attend.
Plan to attend these events to:
- Learn how to be certified as a small business owner and how to do business with the city
- Hear dynamic people telling their stories at the monthly Faces of Diversity Brown Bag Lecture Series, and attend programs that promote cultural awareness
- Learn about fair housing and fair employment rights
- Increase awareness of issues facing women, minorities and people with disabilities
- Attend meetings of the Phoenix Women's Commission, Human Relations Commission, and Mayor's Commission on Disability Issues