Fire Department Inspected and Approved Haunted Attractions
All haunted attractions located within the City of Phoenix are required to have an operating permit and full inspection from the Phoenix Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division. The operating permit is required to be on site and posted at all times.
The three haunted attraction locations listed below are approved and permitted within the City of Phoenix:
13th Floor Haunted House
814 W. Bell Rd
Fear Farm Haunted House and Corn Maze
209 N. 99th Ave
Jack and Jill’s Haunted Hill
4907 W. Bell Rd
Please contact the City of Phoenix, Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division, at 602-262-6771, with any questions.
Haunted House Safety
If you are planning to attend a haunted house, follow these safety tips:
- Pay attention to the location of exits in the haunted house and stay on the approved path of travel and be cautious on or near stairs.
- Do not smoke, use lighters or matches.
- Avoid wearing loose-fitting clothing that could snag on props.
- Be aware that strobe lights may be in use.
Safety Tips for Trick-or-Treaters
- Use a flashlight so you can see and be seen by others.
- Stay in a group and communicate where you will be going.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on.
- Remain on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk. If no sidewalk is available, walk at the farthest edge of the roadway facing traffic.
- Never cut across yards or use alleys.
- Never enter a stranger's home or car for a treat.
- Obey all traffic and pedestrian regulations.
- Always walk. Never run across a street.
- Only cross the street as a group in established crosswalks.
- Remove any mask or item that will limit eyesight before crossing a street, driveway or alley.
- Don't assume the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing Trick-or-Treaters. Just Because one car stops, doesn't mean others will!
- No treats are to be eaten until they are thoroughly checked by an adult at home.
Click here for a printable safety handout.