Annually, the City of Phoenix Housing Department publicly calls for affordable housing proposals through a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) or Call For Interest (CFI) for the purpose of identifying housing development projects which meet the City Council housing priorities and which require additional funds to cover a gap in the financing of the project. Funds are made available as loans to for-profit and non-profit partners who develop affordable housing units. Loans are made according to City Council approved Underwriting Guidelines which are available in the links below. Links to other documents needed by the developer to apply for City funds are also available below. Funding notices are published in the Arizona Republic or on the City's website at phoenix.gov/rfp.
Funding notices and other Housing Department information is also available to those who subscribe to the Community Partner List Serve.
Draft Documents for Comment
The draft documents below will be considered for adoption by the Neighborhoods, Housing & Development Subcommittee of the Phoenix City Council on November 19, 2013. Comments on these documents should be sent to Deputy Housing Director Maria Bears at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 8, 2013.
- Attachment A: Standard Underwriting Assumptions for Affordable Multifamily Rental or Special Needs Loans
- Attachment B: Standard Underwriting Assumptions for Homeownership Project Loans
- Attachment C: Developer Fee Guidelines for Affordable Multifamily Rental Projects
- Attachment D: Developer Fee Guidelines for Special Needs Projects
- Attachment E: Environmental Reviews
- Attachment F: Rent, Affordability & Occupancy Limits
2013 HOME Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 2013 Median Income table (PDF)
- 2012 Utility Allowances (PDF
- Tab U -- Proforma Workbook
- Affordable Housing Loan Program Funding Application
- Section 3 for Contractors(PDF)
- Affordable Housing Community Priorities
- Understanding the Environmental Review Process