HOPE VI Purpose and Criteria
- Reconstruct severely distressed and obsolete public housing units which may be documented, see the Matthew Henson Historic Documentation (pdf) and create affordable rental housing, see the Leasing Office Information (pdf).
- Revitalize neighborhood and create economic investment in the area such as the HOPE VI Recreation Center(pdf).
- Create incentives to encourage investment and form public / private partnerships such as creating partnerships for New HOPE VI projects.
- Develop job linkages, training, and educational resources for area residents. For information on these programs and resources, see the CSS Fact Sheet (pdf).
- Establish mixed-use, mixed-income development and create homeownership opportunities which attract commercial and retail businesses.
HOPE VI Office
251 West Washington, 4th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Monday – Friday