The city's Housing Department is dedicated to helping local seniors continue living an active and fulfilling life during their retirement years. Seniors have a variety of housing choices: 55+ communities, 62+ senior and disabled communities and family communities.
All of our apartment communities are conveniently and strategically located throughout Phoenix. They are located near bus routes, shopping centers, grocery stores, senior centers, parks, hospitals and pharmacies. Our retirement communities are specially designed to provide comfortable living for elderly residents. The city of Phoenix does not provide assisted living; however, residents are welcome to secure their own assistance when medically necessary.
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program - (HCV) – HCV provides rental assistance based on the household income. The HCV Program serves seniors throughout Phoenix.
- Senior Housing Program – The Senior Housing Program offers five apartment communities located throughout Phoenix. The communities house seniors over the age of 62 and disabled persons.
- Family Housing – Family Housing offers four apartment communities throughout Phoenix. The communities house families as well as seniors.
- Single Family Homes – The Scattered Sites Program offers single family homes located throughout Phoenix. Minimum household size is two persons.
- Affordable Housing - The Affordable Housing Program offers several apartment communities that are owned by the City of Phoenix but managed by private management Companies.
Housing links . . .