Chinese Senior Center
The Chinese Senior Center offers a variety of activities, classes and programs for senior residents, as well as individuals of all ages. We offer of a number of leisure and recreation opportunities to enhance the quality of life of our residents. Activities at the center include:
- Clubs and classes - Arts & crafts, conversational English, Mandarin language, Chinese painting, citizenship study, "humming yo-yo"
- Social activities and entertainment - Special events
- Games - Ping pong, bowling, Mah Jong, ballroom dancing, line dancing, chinese chess, poker
- Fitness - Tai chi chuan, chair exercise, treadmill, recumbent cycle, weightlifting
- Health and education - Daily breakfast, exercise, wellness clinic
Check the activity calendar for dates, times and additional activities and fees (if applicable).
Lunch is served Monday through Friday (except for holidays). Lunch reservations are required three (3) working days in advance. Check the menu for daily meal choices. Meals are planned using nutrition guidelines for older adults.
Volunteer opportunities at the center include assisting with meal programs, clerical tasks, greeting visitors, and leading group activities and classes/workshops.
Center staff can help with registration for Senior Shuttle Service or information on other area transportation.
This program offers delivery of meals for homebound frail, elderly and disabled clients under certain qualifications and by referral only. To begin the process to receive home delivered meals call the Area Agency on Aging Senior HELP LINE at 602-264-HELP (4357).
Caseworkers are available at the center for registered center members, by appointment only.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
734 W. Elm St.
Phoenix, AZ 85013
West of Seventh Avenue on Elm Street, south of Camelback Road; ample parking.
For more information on the Chinese Senior Center, call 602-262-6411.
Call the Area Agency on Aging Senior HELP LINE for information on Home Delivered Meals and community or emergency services for older adults. 602-264-HELP (4357).
Maggie Eng, Supervisor