The Senior Center offers a variety of activities, classes and programs for senior residents, as well as individuals of all ages. We offer of a number of leisure and recreation opportunities to enhance the quality of life of our residents. Activities at the center include:
- Clubs and classes - Arts & crafts, travel club, oil painting
- Social activities and entertainment - Trips, monthly birthday recognition, special events
- Games - Bingo, checkers, Pinochle, Scrabble and various card games
- Fitness - Active older adult fitness taught by certified YMCA instructor, low impact aerobics, strength & stretching
- Health and education - Health screenings, computer instruction, speakers, weekly continental breakfast
Check the activity calendar for dates, times and additional activities and fees (if applicable).
Lunch is served Monday through Friday (except for holidays). Lunch reservations are required three (3) business days in advance. Check the menu for daily meal choices. Meals are planned using nutrition guidelines for older adults.
Volunteer opportunities at the center include assisting with meal programs, clerical tasks, host/hostessing, activities and classes/workshops.
Center staff can help with registration for Public Transit's Senior Shuttle Service or information on other area transportation.
This program offers delivery of meals for homebound frail, elderly and disabled clients under certain qualifications and by referral only. To begin the process to receive home delivered meals call the Area Agency on Aging Senior HELP LINE at 602-264-HELP (4357).
Caseworkers are available at the center for registered center members, by appointment only.
For more information on the Pecos Senior Center, call 602-534-5366.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
17010 S. 48th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85048
In Ahwatukee; one mile south of Chandler Boulevard on 48th Street in the Pecos Park Multi-Generational facility; ample parking is available.
Call the Area Agency on Aging Senior HELP LINE for information on Home Delivered Meals and community or emergency services for older adults. 602-264-HELP (4357).