WARNING: If you are in danger, please use a safer computer (e.g., local library). There is always a computer trail. You can exit this site by Clicking Here.
Domestic Violence affects many people, and often victims don’t know about the criminal process, their rights, where to get help, or how to get questions answered. On this page you will find links and information on what Domestic Violence is, how to get Resources & Referrals and Protective Orders and answers to Frequently Asked Domestic Violence Questions about the prosecution process, including what happens when a defendant is booked into jail, special rights of victims, restrictions on defendants with firearms, and more.
What is Domestic Violence?
Domestic Violence is a crime. Often, it is described as violence in the home but domestic violence includes many other offenses and relationships. http://www.azcadv.org/for-victims/about-domestic-violence/ No one has the right to hit, threaten, or abuse you. Children are also hurt by seeing domestic violence. For more information on domestic violence go to the Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence website.
Where can I get more information and resources about Domestic Violence?
- Please see our Frequently Asked Domestic Violence Questions page to find out information on the prosecution process, what happens when a defendant is booked into jail, firearm restrictions on defendants, rights of victims, including how to get out of a lease due to a domestic violence situation, and more.
- Visit our Resources & Referrals page for information on how to get help.
- Visit the Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence website for detailed information on Domestic Violence
How can I stay safe in my situation?
- Follow the Suggestions for Staying Safe Pamphlet
- Contact resources on our Resources & Referrals page
How can I get a Protective order?
- Visit our Protective Orders page for information on getting a Protective Order.
If you have questions or want to speak with an Advocate call 602-261-8192 or click here to contact Victim Services.