Jan. 14, 2013
Routes modified to accommodate light rail construction
The Phoenix Public Transit Department is informing passengers that several Valley Metro bus routes operated by the city will see changes on Jan. 28, 2013.
The Changes include modifications to routes that will be affected by the construction of the METRO Light Rail Northwest Extension, between Bethany Home and Dunlap Avenue.
Additionally, the SMART neighborhood circulator route has been shortened to increase frequency along the main portion of the route. The RAPID™ Central / South Mountain route has also been made a permanent addition to the city’s commuter bus services.
List of affected routes:
- 1 - Washington Ave.: Route modified to connect with new SKY Train transit center when launched.
- 13 – Buckeye Rd.: Route modified to end at Sky Harbor Airport Terminal 4.
- 15 – 15th Ave.: Eliminate north section of the route between the Montebello/19th Ave. Transit Center and Metrocenter Transit Center during METRO Light Rail Contruction.
- 19 – 19th Ave.: Detoured off 19th Avenue to 7th Avenue between Bethany Home Road and Dunlap Avenue during light rail construction.
19th Avenue Connector: New free service running between Montebello/19th Ave. Transit Center and Metrocenter Transit Center during light rail construction.
- SMART Neighborhood Circulator: Modification of route to increase frequency to every 35 minutes.
Information on all regional service changes is available at valleymetro.org. Passengers can also get more information by calling Valley Metro Customer Service at 602-253-5000.
|Marie Chapple Camacho