Aug. 14, 2013
Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013, nine Phoenix Public Library locations will change their hours of service on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The following locations will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday - Thursday:
- Agave Library, 23550 N. 36th Ave.
- Cesar Chavez Library, 3635 W. Baseline Rd.
- Cholla Library, 10050 Metro Parkway E.
- Ironwood Library, 4333 E. Chandler Blvd.
- Juniper Library, 1825 W. Union Hills Dr.
- Mesquite Library, 4525 E. Paradise Village Parkway N.
- Palo Verde Library, 4402 N. 51st Ave.
- Saguaro Library, 2808 N. 46th St.
- Yucca Library, 5648 N. 15th Ave.
Current hours of service on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Hours are being changed to better serve customers. The last hour of the current business day (8 to 9 p.m.) at these locations has proven to be among the slowest. In addition, library customers have indicated that morning hours are more convenient - especially for families with small children, school groups and many older customers.
Phoenix Public Library is a system of 16 branch libraries and the Burton Barr Central Library. For more information, call 602-262-4636 or visit phoenixpubliclibrary.org. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/phxlibrary and “like” us on Facebook at facebook.com/phoenixpubliclibrary.
Media Contact: Rita Marko 602-534-2025