Aug. 29, 2012
As summer winds down, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is offering some valuable travel tips as well as a discount for travelers looking for the convenience of terminal garage parking.
From August 30 – September 5, travelers can take advantage of 40% off the terminal garage parking rate. Download the coupon from skyharbor.com and park in the terminal garage for just $15 per day, compared to the usual rate of $25. Upon exiting the parking garage, use one of the lanes with a parking attendant. You may still pay with a credit card, but an attendant must process the coupon. Travelers can also show the coupon on their mobile device to receive the discount.
Here are some important travel tips to keep in mind:
- For updated information on parking lot and garage availability, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545. If you park in the Economy Parking lots, look for a sign at the bus stop and scan the QR Code with your smartphone to be sent a text or email reminder of where you parked.
- Arrive at the Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking in economy areas or checking bags.
- Liquids and gels carried onto the plane must be in 3 oz containers or less and placed in a quart-sized zip top bag. The bag must be screened separately. Larger quantities or medically necessary liquids are allowed at the discretion of TSA screeners. Visit tsa.gov or contact TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov or 866-289-9673 for questions.
- Remove large electronics from your carry-on bags and place them in their own TSA bin.
- For a quicker trip through security in the future, visit tsa.gov for information on Pre-check.
- Visit skyharbor.com on your smartphone or tablet to access our mobile website to find out which restaurants and shops are near your gate as well as other Airport information.
- Bring a snack or meal for the plane. Food may be carried through security and beverages may be purchased past security and brought onto the aircraft.
- Mark your bags and electronics clearly so you recognize them immediately.
- Have your claim check or ID ready at baggage claim when you return to Phoenix so that if you are approached by staff, you won’t be delayed looking for this information.
- Use the free cell phone lots to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.
For additional information and tips visit skyharbor.com.
|Sky Harbor Public Information Office||602-273-3330|