Nov. 9, 2012
The Public Works Department will host a household hazardous waste (HHW) collection event for Phoenix customers from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Nov. 15, Friday, Nov. 16, and Saturday, Nov. 17. The event will be at North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave.
The HHW events are free for residents. Proof of Phoenix residency is required. Attendees must bring their current city of Phoenix municipal services bill showing solid waste fees and a matching photo ID with the same Phoenix address.
Acceptable HHW materials include:
- Automobile fluids
- Oil-based paints and related materials (10 gallon maximum)
- Pesticides; herbicides; insecticides
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks, grill or camp size only
- Car – lead acid batteries
- Car tires – only five per household, no over sized tires.
- Large appliances – refrigerators, freezers, stove, dishwasher, washer; dryer
- Air conditioner; heat pumps; water heaters; evaporate coolers
- Electronics – computers; printers; televisions, stereos; DVD players
No commercial loads, large residential quantities of medical waste, explosives, or radioactive waste will be accepted. The next HHW event is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 13, Friday, Dec. 14, and Saturday, Dec. 15, at Pecos Park, 17010 S. 48th St. For additional options for HHW disposal between the city’s events, visit earth911.org.
For more information or to find out what is and isn’t household hazardous waste, visit phoenix.gov/publicworks or call 602-262-7251.
|Stephanie Ribodal Romero||602-261-8512|