May 21, 2009
Memorial Day Weekend Parking Available On Airport for as Little as $8 a Day
Sky Harbor will have plenty of economy parking available for Memorial Day weekend travelers. Uncovered economy parking costs $8 a day at Sky Harbor. Economy garage parking is $10 per day.
If you’re traveling this holiday weekend, Friday and Monday will be the busiest days. On an average day, Sky Harbor sees about 100,000 passengers. On a busy holiday weekend, the Airport could see up to 150,000 passengers in a single day.
The Airport is offering these tips to make your trip enjoyable and stress-free:
- A day or two before your trip, contact the airline you will be traveling to confirm that your flight schedule has not changed.
- If you’re renting a car, make a reservation.
- Check with your airline on fees for checked baggage and overweight luggage.
- Arrive at the Airport two hours before your flight departs.
- For 24 hour parking information call 602-273-4545.
- If you haven’t traveled in a while, remember the 311 security rule – liquids and gels are only allowed through the security checkpoints in three ounce containers or less, carried in a one-quart zip top bag, one bag per passengers. Larger quantities of liquids should be carried in checked luggage.
- When booking a flight, the Transportation Security Administration now requires the name on your airline reservation to exactly match the name on your driver’s license or the identification you use at the airport.
Customer service is a top priority at Sky Harbor, and for that reason, the Airport is opening a third pet area, this one next to Terminal 2, just in time for Memorial Day weekend. There are now pet parks next to all three terminals at Sky Harbor.
For additional travel tips and information visit phxskyharbor.com or follow us on Twitter at PHXSkyHarbor.
|Sky Harbor Public Information Office||602-273-3300|