The city of Phoenix is working actively to address the challenges posed by the foreclosure crisis. This webpage features an array of resources to help you deal with a foreclosure situation.
Help for Homeowners
Are you concerned about making your mortgage payment? If so, contact a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) certified housing counselor from the list below for free assistance. Homeowners who work with a housing counselor are 70 percent more likely to achieve a positive result when attempting to obtain a modification, forbearance agreement or a change in payment plans.
- Chicanos Por La Causa, 602-253-0838
- Community Housing Resources of Arizona, 602-631-9780
- Greater Phoenix Urban League, 602-254-5611
- Labor's Community Service Agency, 602-263-5741
- Neighborhood Housing Service of Phoenix, 602-258-1659
Information SessionsFREE Mortgage Assistance Information Session
View English flier | View Spanish flier
9 to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 19
Take Charge America
20620 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix
The city of Phoenix, in partnership with the Arizona Foreclosure Prevention Task Force, offers information sessions to assist distressed homeowners with the foreclosure process. Lenders and housing counselors are available to meet face-to-face and other resources and information are provided at these sessions. Locations change throughout the city, call 602-534-4444 for updated location and information on upcoming sessions.
Listed below are additional resource partners to help homeowners address the foreclosure crisis and other concerns.
- Arizona Mortgage Foreclosure Help Line (toll free): 1-877-448-1211
- Arizona Foreclosure Prevention Task Force
- Arizona Department of Housing: Unemployment/underemployment Mortgage Assistance Program, Short Sale Assistance Program, Principal Reduction Program
- ASU's Homeowner Advocacy Unit, watch a video "Facing Foreclosure and Understanding Your Options" in English or Spanish
- Arizona Attorney General's Office: Scam Prevention and Awareness/file a compliant, Mortgage Settlement Agreement
- Legal Resources: Community Legal Services, Lawyers Helping Homeowners, Law for Seniors
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: File a complaint
- Neighborhood Preservation (report blight): Is your neighborhood being impacted by foreclosed or vacant homes?
- Maricopa County: Green Pools, 602-506-6616
- Maricopa County Animal Control