Caption lakeblue: A park ranger at South Mountain Park spotted this rare desert tortoise ambling alongside a roadway near the park's Central Avenue entrance. She stayed on scene until the tortoise shuffled to safety away from the road.
2012 was the first full year we committed to the goals set out in our recent strategic plan. Our commitments: to enhance safety and protect park assets;
- Continue to provide and improve on already excellent customer service;
- Ensure basic park maintenance; promote health and fitness for all ages;
- Maintain partnerships that help us reach goals;
- Promote sustainability in our parks and facilities;
- Implement workforce succession planning to develop our workforce and ensure continued high standards.
In the following chapters, we highlight the concrete progress toward realizing the goals of our strategic plan. View our complete Fiscal Year 2012/2013 Strategic Plan.
Caption lakeblue: A capacity crowd enjoys an event last fall at Paseo Highlands Park.
Caption lakeblue: A visitor from Michigan snapped this shot last year of Dobbins Lookout in South Mountain Park. His visit was one of more than 17.3 million made to Phoenix desert preserves each year.