Thinking of heading out to the Electric Light Parade? Here's what you need to know:
- Consider taking Light Rail to the event and avoiding traffic congestion. The parade route runs right next to the Light Rail stop on Central Avenue, just south of Camelback.
- The parade is a rain or shine event. The weather forecast for the start of the parade at 7 p.m. is for a 50 percent chance or rain showers in temperatures in the low 50s. Please dress accordingly
Spectators are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs.
- Crowds at the parade are very large and many spectators show up 3-4 hours in advance to get a decent viewing spot along the route, especially near the start.
- Crowds typically are heaviest near the start. To find less crowded viewing areas, consider spots along Camelback Road between Central and 7th Street and on 7th Street south of Camelback.
- If you show up less than one hour prior to the parade start, expect to have several rows of spectators in front of you along the parade route, especially near the start.
- If you arrive close to the parade start time, please respect those who arrived before you. Please do not attempt to "fill in" space around spectators who already have found a spot on the route. Doing this can create excess crowding and block the views of those who arrived early to ensure a good viewing location.
- Coolers are permitted, though alcohol and glass containers are not allowed.
- Viewing spots along the parade route are first-come-first-served. After street closures take effect at approximately 4 p.m., spectators may take up to the first lane line on the east and west sides of Central Avenue beginning south of the staging area.
- Parking is on street and also is on a first-come-first-served basis. Private lots near the parade area often offer parking for a fee. When planning your trip, please allow for time to find a parking spot and walk to the parade route.