Historic images of Recreation and Community Centers

University Park Recreation Center youth in the early 1950's
University Park youth in the early 1950's

Adult wordworking class participant
1960's adult class participants
unknown recreation center

Recreation leader and child in unknown center
Staff member and child pose in an unknown center classroom, 1970's

Original Los Olivos Senior Center, 1979

The original Los Olivos Senior Center was constructed in 1979 (above) on land formerly owned by Arnold’s Pickle & Olive Company. Rebuilt in 2005, the center was renamed Devonshire Senior Center

Desert West Courtyard in the 1980's
Courtyard at the Desert West 
Recreation Center in 1989

Desert West Entrance 1889
Entrance to the beautiful, new Desert West Recreation Center in 1989

return to main image gallery