424 N. Central Ave. (between 1st and Central avenues, just north of Van Buren Street/Central Station)
Park Hours: 5 a.m. to 11p.m.
Splash pad hours: Wednesday through Sunday from 5-9 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on season.)
Fair Trade Café is open on the ground floor of the park's historic A. E. England Building: Monday - Friday 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Bookmans Entertainment Exchange, Civic Space Park and Mega Radio 104.3
present: "Fridays in the Park"
Every 2nd and 4th Friday - March 14th - June 27, 2014 6 - 10 p.m. Calling all artists and community…… Be a part of the event evening! If you are a performing artist, visual artist, poet, filmmaker, school or represent the community through an agency, education or health and wellness format, we would like to meet you and discuss your participation! Please contact event producers, Carmela Ramirez at 602 262-7424 firstname.lastname@example.org or TJ Penkoff at 602 262-7490, e-mail: email@example.com Download a Booth Application.
ENTERTAINMENT - MOVIES - POETRY - LECTURES - FOOD TRUCKS - AND MORE!
Live concert performances on the outdoor amphitheater stage, Movies in Park, Special presentations in the A.E. England Building, games by the Downtown Phoenix Partnership, art vendors and gallery exhibitions are just some of the activities featured on any given 2nd or 4th Friday night. Sponsored by Bookmans Entertainment Exchange and Sierra H. Broadcasting. call 602 262-7424 for more information.
Civic Space Park's historic hosts the A.E. England Building Gallery (424 N. Central Ave.) a local art space. The building, named for the business formerly housed there, offers space for meetings, presentations, small banquets, art events, and classes. Arizona State University and the Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department collaboratively manage and plan programs.
For park inquiries and rental information, please click here to email or call 602-262-7490. If you are requesting additional information on reserving the AE England Building at Civic Space or the park stage, please complete the form below so that staff can assist you with your request.
Civic Park Reservation Request & Fee Schedule
You can either print it off and bring in a completed copy, or fax it to (602) 732-2617, or e-mail a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Civic Space Events & Activities email list here
About the park:
Civic Space Park offers residents, workers, ASU students and downtown visitors a park with unique urban design, sustainable construction and operational features and a landmark public sculpture by artist Janet Echelman.
The park, which opened in April, 2009, utilizes sustainable design techniques to generate power, keep the area cool and capture rain water.
Sustainable park features include:
- Solar panels on the park’s shade structures will generate 75 kilowatts of power (enough to power 8-9 residential homes) to offset the park’s lighting and electrical needs.
- Extensive shade; more than 70 percent of the park’s surface area will be shaded when its trees and vegetation reach maturity.
- Hard surfaces made with pervious concrete and pavers that reduce heat reflection and allow rainfall to seep through, reducing damaging storm runoff
- Trees planted with a system that utilizes grates and specially engineered soils to protect roots, minimize compaction and allow ample room for root expansion.
- Immediate access to Light Rail and bus transit stations, which are located just feet from the park. To encourage pedestrian visitation and use of mass transit, there were no parking spaces built for the park.