This page outlines the major requirements and standards for holding special events on Phoenix city streets. A $400 non-refundable application fee payable to the “City of Phoenix” may be due for your event.
Once you have reviewed this information, you can fill out a special event application "En español" online. Please note that acceptance of a completed application should in no way be construed as approval of your request.
When Do I Need To Submit a City Street (Right of Way) Special Event Application?
- Static event on public right-of-way (street festival, concert, farmers market, etc.)
- Parade, march or procession on public right-of-way (street).
- Athletic/racing event on public right-of-way (i.e., run, walk, skate, cycle)
- No application is required for public assembly. Please contact Phoenix Police Community and Patrol Services at 602-262-7331 to coordinate this activity.
How Soon Should I Start the Process?
The process can begin twelve (12) months out from event date. The minimum times are listed below:
- Minimum of 3 months in advance
- Minimum of 5 months in advance for events requiring three (3) or more continuous miles of city right-of-way (street) use (example - 5K, 10K, Marathon, Parade, etc.).