The city of Phoenix requires the review of grading and drainage plans for all construction projects - residential and non-residential.
Grading and drainage plans are classified as civil plans and therefore are reviewed under the civil plan review process. Please select from the grading and drainage topics listed below for additional information:
Grading & Drainage (Residential Single Family/Single Lot Only)
- Single Lot G & D Requirements (Guidelines)
- Single Lot (On-lot Retention Requirements)
- Single Lot (Grading and Drainage Checklist)
- Single Lot Plot Plan (Grading Plan Checklist)*
- Single Lot Plot Plan (Sample Plot Plan)*
*This may be used if you qualify under section B.1.2 of the Single Lot G & D Requirements (Guidelines).
- Single Lot, Previously Developed
Please note definition - Single lot pertains to the development of one (1) lot within a previously approved subdivision or an infill lot. Subdivision pertains to the creation of three (3) or more lots on more than 2 1/2 acres.
Grading & Drainage (Commercial/Subdivision/Multifamily/Industrial)
For more information, contact your project team leader or the Planning & Development Department at 602-262-7811.