The city of Phoenix requires the review of hillside plans for any project in a hillside development area, i.e. those properties having a 10 percent or greater slope. Staff reviews hillside plans for such items as height of the building over natural grade, lot coverage and area of disturbance outside of the roof.
Hillside plans are classified as civil plans and therefore are reviewed under the civil plan review process. Select from the hillside topics below for additional information.
- Hillside Development Brochure
- Frequently Asked Questions-Hillside
- Hillside Checklist
- Hillside Checklist, Single Family Residential
- Hillside Grading Waiver Process
- Hillside, Inventory and Salvage Plan Checklist
- Hillside and Landscape Information Resources for Phoenix Customers
- Hillside, Revegetation Plan Checklist
- Hillside Ordinance (Zoning Ordinance. Chapter 7 - Section 710)
- Retaining Wall Application
- Slope Analysis Checklist
For more information, contact your project team leader or Planning & Development at 602-262-7811.