In collaboration with the West Phoenix Revitalization Area (WPRA) Advisory Board, Cricket Pavilion Task Force and Maryvale Village Planning Committee, city of Phoenix Planning staff is constructing a plan for the Maryvale Village Core. The core is to be the most vibrant, diverse and interactive environment of a village. The purpose of the core plan is to provide guidance and to create policy that promotes new development, reflecting:
- A strong sense of the Maryvale community, culture and heritage
- A wide range of uses – parks, retail, office, markets and public spaces
- Amenities such as shade, landscaping, street furniture and signage
- Pedestrian connectivity between housing, employment, services and transportation
- A destination that attracts residents and visitors throughout the year
The Maryvale Village Core is located approximately eight miles west of Downtown Phoenix. The study area is approximately one square mile bounded generally on the north by Thomas Road, on the east by 75th Avenue, on the south by McDowell Road, and on the west by 83rd Avenue.
Possible Boundary Expansion and Clean Up
Planning staff is considering expanding the southern core boundary to I-10 to incorporate a potential light rail station at 79th Avenue. Staff recommends cleaning up the existing northeastern boundary to incorporate whole parcels instead of the current partial inclusion.
For questions or concerns, contact Jacob Zonn at 602-534-5829 or firstname.lastname@example.org.