Reinvent PHX is a collaborative partnership between the City of Phoenix, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Arizona State University, St. Luke’s Health Initiatives and local organizations committed to growing a sustainable city.
The Reinvent PHX team will produce sustainability action plans for five districts along the existing light rail line through a holistic community engagement process. The plans will create a vision and develop implementation strategies to produce outcomes that benefit all residents. This process will establish a new transit-oriented model for urban development along the city’s light rail corridors.
- Create an attractive investment environment for high quality and equitable Transit-Oriented Development.
- Establish a model process for planning growth along light rail corridors.
- Empower the community, including low-income and limited English speaking residents, to be actively involved in decision making.
- Help maximize the community's return on investment by guiding new development to benefit rather than displace residents, improve affordability, and enhance unique and historic characteristics.
- Conduct a community-based district planning process to guide public and private investment decisions incrementally over the long term.
- Prepare new streamlined codes to encourage the development of safe, convenient, and comfortable walking and bicycling environments.
- Create new economic development tools including public/private partnerships and tax incentives to help implement the community’s vision.
- Provide matching predevelopment assistance grants for pedestrian friendly housing and mixed use projects that improve affordability.
- Organize coalitions to coordinate resources, build implementation capacity and foster long term civic engagement.
- Formalize Project Team
- June 2012 through November 2013 - Research and Community Engagement
- April 8-16 - Gateway Design Workshop
- August 13-20 - Eastlake Garfield Design Workshop
- March 23-April 5 - Midtown, Uptown, Solano Design Workshops
Community Outreach Coordinators
Project Management Team