For technical assistance with plan submittal, contact the appropriate staff.
Submittal Requirements for Self-Certification Plans
- Projects must obtain all planning, zoning, grading and drainage approvals and building code modifications as necessary prior to an intake meeting. Please refer to the Self-Certification Building Plan Submittal Checklist or the G&D, Landscape and Parking Lot Submittal Checklist as appropriate. The Self-Certification Intake Process is a source for more information.
- A Structural Peer Review Certificate by a PDD-approved Structural Peer Reviewer is required for projects with structural scope of work.
- All plan sheets must be sealed by a professional registered in Arizona.
- Additional program requirements include: a hold-harmless letter signed by all registrants, a building owner/tenant indemnification letter, and a copy of the professional of record's certification of insurance.
Audit and Appeal Procedures
The Planning & Development Department performs random and judgmental audits of self-certified projects as part of its audit process. Audits may be conducted prior to or after the issuance of the permit. The purpose of the audit is to verify compliance with the building code and measure the efficiency of the Self-Certification Program. For more information refer to the Audit and Appeals Procedure.
- Audit and Appeals Procedure
- Building Plan Submittal Checklist
- Field Changes and Revisions Procedure
- G&D, Landscape and Parking Lot Permit Application
- G&D, Landscape and Parking Lot Submittal Checklist
- Hold-Harmless Letter
- Intake Process
- Owner/Tenant Certification Statement
- Permit Application (Commercial)
- Permit Application (Residential)
- Professional of Record Statement
- Structural Peer Review Certificate
- Water and Sewer Service Information Request Form
Related Forms and Information
- Building Code Guidelines and Interpretations
- Civil Information, including G&D and Stormwater Information
- Compressed Gas Regulations
- Dustproofing/Alternative Surfaces Request
- Electronic Plan Review
- Energy Compliance Certificate (Commercial)
- Energy Compliance Certificate (Residential)
- Environmental Responsibility and Certification
- Fact Finding Application
- Infill Incentive Area Map
- Landscape Information
- Parking Requirements
- Parking, Tenant List Verification
- Plan Review Checklists
- Retention Basin Sideslopes Policy
- Site Information
- Water Meter Documents