The Third Party Building Plan Review Program was designed to offer owners, developers, designers and homeowners an optional program to expedite the city's review of building construction plans. The process is simple and involves only a few steps.
Step 1 - Assure project is ready for building plan review.
- Obtain a Development Due Diligence document and review with your design professional.
- Assure compliance with all codes and ordinances that could alter building design such as zoning, water, fire, environment, site and civil issues.
Step 2 - Hire appropriate third party reviewers.
- Permit applicants must use certified reviewers from the city's approved list (PDF).
- Reviews must be obtained for all required disciplines. Partial reviews will not be accepted.
Step 3 - Inform the city of your intent.
- Fill out a request form (PDF) for each plan submittal. Your third party reviewer may also fill out this form and submit it on your behalf.
- Retain a copy of the request form with the assigned temporary number. This will be required for future log-in after contracted reviewers certify the drawings
Step 4 - Third Party reviewers review drawings.
- All comments are corrected as needed.
- Reviewers certify corrected drawings meet code requirements by signing request form for each required review discipline.
- Reviewers give city minimum of two-week notice prior to submittal of drawings.
Step 5 - Submit drawings to city for review.
- Arrange a pre-log check with assigned team.
- Submit plans to the Payments and Submittal counter and pay fees. Plans must include the request form signed by all required reviewers and city team.
Step 6 - Obtain permits.
- Permits are issued when all deficient items found by the city, if any, have been addressed by the design team, corrections made, and all required fees have been paid.
- All revisions after permit issuance must be reviewed by appropriate third party or city reviewers. Revisions do not have to be reviewed by the same reviewer(s) who reviewed the original drawings.
For more information about this program, call 602-262-7811.