Listed below are some of ISPO's favorite, free newsletters. And check with your computer vendors as they often offer free newsletters.
- Crypto-Gram is a free monthly email newsletter from security expert and curmudgeon Bruce Schneier. Each issue is filled with interesting commentary, pointed critique, and serious debate about security.
- The Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) publishes a short newsletter on one security topic or tip each month.
- SANS NewsBites is a semiweekly high-level executive summary of the most important news articles that have been published on computer security during the last week.
- SANS OUCH! is a monthly security awareness report for computer users. It generally features one topic per month, like network security or phishing, and explains it in easy-to-understand terms.
- The Register is a UK site that usually offers a different view of security news. They offer daily and weekly newsletters.
- The United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) offers very good cyber security tips and alerts for technical and non-technical computer users.
- DataLossDB Weekly Summary lists the week's data breaches. Sometimes it's interesting, but it's usually scary when you realize how much personal information has been breached.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Inside 1to1: PRIVACY is a monthly newsletter that goes into a bit more detail about privacy-related issues.
- The IAPP's Daily Dashboard summarizes the day's top privacy-related stories. Delivered every weekday.
More information . . .