Unacceptable Household Hazardous Waste items include:
- Regular refuse and bulk trash
Please do not bring non-hazardous products to the HHW events, for example; shampoo, lotions, dish soap, etc... Non-hazardous items can be placed in your trash. (Or try to find a friend, relative or neighbor that can use them.)
- Bio-medical waste
- Medications, Sharps/Syringes (Pamphlet with safe options for home needle disposal.)
- Ammunition or explosives. These items can be taken to the Police Property Management Facility. Call 602-262-6151 for more information
- Large quantities of residential wastes (more than five gallons of each product) will not be accepted. (Exception would be paint where up to 20 gallons of paint will be accepted)
- Please contact private disposal companies for proper and responsible disposal of commercial and large quantity wastes. These can be found in the telephone directory under "Garbage & Rubbish Collection" or "Environmental."
- Call Solid Waste Customer Services at 602-262-7251 for any unusual chemical or unlabeled containers for specific guidelines.