The city of Phoenix is always looking for innovative ways to save money and provide the best possible customer service. Collecting trash and recycling containers on the same day will help us increase efficiencies and keep costs down for our residents. Benefits of same day service:
- Convenience: Customers only need to remember to wheel their trash and recycling containers to the curb on one day, instead of two. Same day collection will not affect alley service, but residents must take out their recycling container on the new collection day.
- Cost savings: Phoenix will save $2.3 million annually or $6.5 million over five years.
- Efficiencies: Although there still will be separate trucks collecting trash and recycling, daily collection routes will be reduced from 166 to 154, resulting in the elimination of 12 trucks and 12 employees.
- Neighborhood aesthetics: By having containers out on only one day a week, neighborhoods will look cleaner and sidewalks and streets will be less cluttered.
- Benefit to customers/Additional savings: Besides the added convenience, we have implemented efficiencies to keep your solid waste fee stabilized over the three past years with no solid waste fee increase. It is continued innovations that will minimize the need for future solid waste fee increases.
- Reinforce recycling to help our environment: With both green and blue containers being serviced on the same day, customers will be reminded to also recycle on a consistent basis.