Feb. 11, 2013
The Public Works Department will host a household hazardous waste (HHW) collection event for Phoenix customers from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Feb. 21, Friday, Feb. 22, and Saturday, Feb. 23, at Desert West Park, 6602 W. Encanto Blvd.
The HHW events are free for Phoenix solid waste customers. Proof of Phoenix residency is required. Attendees must bring their current city of Phoenix city services bill showing solid waste fees and a matching photo ID with the same Phoenix address.
Acceptable HHW materials include:
- Automobile fluids
- Oil-based paints and related materials (10 gallon maximum)
- Pesticides; herbicides; insecticides
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks, grill or camp size only
- Car – lead acid batteries
- Car tires – only five per household, no over-sized tires.
- Large appliances – refrigerators; freezers; stoves; dishwashers; washers; dryers
- Air conditioner; heat pumps; water heaters; evaporate coolers
- Electronics – computers; printers; televisions; stereos; DVD players
No commercial or business loads. Medical waste, pharmaceuticals, explosives or radioactive waste are not accepted. A complete list of 2013 HHW events are available at phoenix.gov/publicworks. For additional options for HHW disposal between the city’s events, visit earth911.org.
For more information or to find out what is and isn’t household hazardous waste, visit phoenix.gov/publicworks or call 602-262-7251.
|Stephanie Ribodal Romero