Frequently-Asked Appliance Recycling Questions
Which items are acceptable?
- Compact Disc Players
- Cell Phones
- DVD Players
How do I recycle my old electronics?
Also, for a nominal fee, you can follow the steps below and schedule a pick up time from your residence:
- Put no more than five (5) appliances at front of property just behind the sidewalk or behind the curb if there is no sidewalk. (NOT in alley or in garage/carport).
- Secure doors with tape as a safety precaution.
- Remove any discs, cassettes, etc. from electronics (they must be empty).
- Call the Solid Waste Customer Service Call Center at 602-262-7251 to set up collection or e-mail email@example.com.Make sure to supply the type and quantity of materials to be collected as well as your name, address and phone. Collection will not be possible without this information.
- The Solid Waste Customer Service Call Center will create a service request form for field staff to collect the items.
- Within 1-5 business days, field staff will collect your electronics from your residence.
- A solid waste representative will leave a notice at the residence confirming the materials have been removed.
- The resident will be billed within two weeks. Please follow the payment guidelines.
How much does this service cost?
The city of Phoenix charges a nominal fee for this service. To verify cost and availability, please contact Solid Waste Customer Service at 602-262-7251 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.