Leeanne Pantin, Supervisor
Map this location
E-mail this center
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
212 E. Alta Vista Road
Phoenix, AZ 85040
In the South Mountain Community Center in Alta Vista Park, between Southern Avenue and Baseline and two blocks east of Central Avenue; ample parking.
Activities at the center include:
- Clubs and classes - Arts & crafts, ceramics, support groups, sewing, quilting, computer class, painting
- Social activities and entertainment - Coffee time, grocery shopping, mobile post office, weekly trips, sing alongs, movies, travel videos
- Games - Bingo, bridge, pinochle, loteria, card games, dominoes
- Fitness - Exercise classes
- Health and education - Weekly continental breakfast, health screenings, food programs
Check the activity calendar for dates, times and additional activities and fees (if applicable).
Lunch is served Monday through Friday (except for holidays). Lunch reservations are required three (3) business days in advance. Check the menu for daily meal choices. Meals are planned using nutrition guidelines for older adults.
Volunteer opportunities at the center include assisting with meal programs, clerical tasks, host/hostessing, activities and classes/workshops.
Center staff can help with registration for Reserve-A-Ride or information on other area transportation.
This program offers delivery of meals for homebound frail, elderly and disabled clients under certain qualifications and by referral only. To begin the process to receive home delivered meals call the Area Agency on Aging Senior HELP LINE at 602-264-HELP (4357).
Caseworkers are available at the center for registered center members, by appointment only.
For more information on the South Mountain Senior Center, call 602-262-4093.
Call the Area Agency on Aging Senior HELP LINE for information on Home Delivered Meals and community or emergency services for older adults. 602-264-HELP (4357).