Black Mountain Boulevard (BMB) is a planned major arterial roadway in the City of Phoenix General Plan extending south approximately five miles from the Sonoran Boulevard/Cave Creek Road intersection to the ramp connections at SR 51 and Loop 101. This roadway will significantly improve access within the Desert View Village area of north Phoenix. Since 1994, the BMB ramp connections to SR 51 were planned as part of the Outer Loop Freeway system. Preliminary Engineering and an Environmental Assessment started in late 2011 and the team studied a range of alternatives, including a “no connection to SR 51” option. A series of public meetings were held in January, March and April and August 2012.
Based on the results of the Study’s Alternatives Evaluation Process, the build Alternative 1A (south of Deer Valley Road) and 1-N (north of Deer Valley Road), along with the no build Alternative 4 (no connection to SR51) were carried forward through detailed analyses in the Environmental Assessment. The Draft Environmental Assessment will be presented at a Public Hearing where further public comments will be recorded.
The Public Hearing will be held on Wednesday, June 19, 2013, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Aviano Community Center Banquet Room, 22500 N. Aviano Way. The following items are provided as back-up material for the hearing:
You may also view a hard of the the draft Environmental Assessment at the following locations:
- Desert Broom Library - 29710 N. Cave Creek Rd.
- Aviano Community Center - 22500 N. Aviano Way
- Boys & Girls Club: Vestar Branch - 3975 E. Lockwood Dr.
- Desert Ridge Community Association - 5415 E. High St., 2nd Floor
- Fireside Community Center - 3775 E. Lone Cacus Dr.
For additional project details, click on the links below.
- Black Mountain Boulevard Meeting Summaries and Presentations
- Project Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Parks and Recreation Department Map - Parks Preserves and Facilities Northeast Division
- Study Area Boundary Map
Proposed Alternatives Carried Forward
- BMB Alternative 1A (Funded)
- BMB Alternative 4 (No Connection to SR 51)
- BMB Alternative 1N: North of Deer Valley Road (Unfunded)
If you have any comments or questions concerning this project, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a response from the team, please indicate that on your e-mail. Thank you.