The IDDE program consists of outfall inspections and sampling of dry weather flows (i.e. water flowing in storm drains during dry weather), as well as identifying and eliminating source flow.
- City has identified over 800 outfalls.
- Outfalls are inspected over the permit term.
- Outfalls with flow are inspected annually.
- When an outfall has flow, the sampling crew will conducts a field screening.
|Sampling crew collecting a water sample.||Sampling crew performing a field screening analysis.|
Tracking the Source of Flow
- If an outfall is observed to have a dry weather flow, an investigation is initiated.
- Inspections use visual observations, open manholes and televise the storm drain to identify source of flows.
|Inspector using the camera tractor to televise storm drain.||Inspector operating the camera tractor and televising the storm drain.||Storm drain investigation in front of City Hall.|