Domestic Partnership Information for Phoenix Residents
Unmarried persons living in the city of Phoenix and participating in a domestic partnership who meet certain criteria can register for a Domestic Partnership. The registry is gender-neutral and applies to same-sex and opposite-sex partnerships.
Two individuals seeking to become domestic partners must complete and file a declaration of domestic partnership in person with the City Clerk Department. Each applicant must provide a valid photo ID issued by a United States government agency that provides name, date of birth, height, weight, and hair and eye color. There is a non-refundable administrative fee of $50 that must be paid at the time of application.
The sole benefit granted is the right to visitation with a domestic partner in any health care facility located within the city of Phoenix, notwithstanding any rights granted through other legal documents that may have been executed by the partners. The visitation rights are subject to any restrictions that apply to all visitors established by the health care facility.
For more information about the requirements for a Domestic Partnership, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) or call the City Clerk Department at 602-262-6811.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- DECLARATION OF DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP — Registration forms are available at the City Clerk Office, 200 W. Washington St., 15th floor.
- DECLARATION OF DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP EXCEPTION FORM (DUE TO PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS)
- DECLARATION OF DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP NAME CHANGE
- NOTICE OF TERMINATION STATEMENT
- ORDINANCE G-5295