Why Businesses Choose Phoenix
Our team has assisted hundreds of highly-successful companies in their growth, expansion, or move to Phoenix. Companies want to come to Phoenix because we enjoy some of the best attributes of any location worldwide.
- The Phoenix area has a talented labor pool fed by over 300,000 current college students. All three Arizona public universities have a presence in Phoenix, nine private academic institutions offering undegraduate and graduate degrees are located in Phoenix, and there are 17 other academic institutions.
- The median age of the population is 33 years old, younger than the national average, and 28 percent of the total population hold a bachelor's degree or higher.
- Phoenix international airport, Sky Harbor Airport, is one of the ten busiest airports in the world for aircraft operations with non-stop flights to every major American city.
- Arizona has an abundant supply of electricity from various sources, including the largest U.S. nuclear plant, dams, coal and gas burning plants as well as wind and solar plants.
- The water supply to Phoenix via canals from local reservoirs and the Colorado River is adequate to meet projected population growth for at least the next 100 years.
- Phoenix is the sixth largest city in the United States with a population of more than 1.5 million residents and an extended metropolitan population of more than 4.4 million residents.
- The cost of living and doing business in Phoenix is lower than in any other major metropolitan area in the United States.
- Phoenix has particularly good opportunities for companies in the aerospace, bioscience, IT, software development, and renewable energy industries.
- Phoenix is the hub of the rapidly growing Southwest, close to the major markets of Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas.
Top 6 Reasons to Locate in Phoenix
Quality of Life
Phoenix has 321 days of sunshine, proximity to skiing, boating, hiking, and a multitude of other outdoor activities. Major professional sports and cultural entertainment venues, affordable housing, and beautiful sunsets and mountains surround Phoenix.
Businesses located in Phoenix enjoy reasonable operating costs because of our low taxes and affordable labor rates.
Proximity to Markets
Phoenix has easy access to western states, highways and ports in California and Mexico and one of the ten busiest airports in the U.S.
Immediate access to a large, diverse, young, and educated workforce, with an average age of 32.
Availability of low-cost, quality industrial and commercial real estate
Quality service from City staff dedicated to ensuring the success of your project