To obtain Public Record Per City Ordinance S-36997 July 1, 2010:
Submit a written request form, via fax, e-mail in person, or by postal mail. Please ensure that you provide the incident number, location of the incident, date, and time. There are 4 types of records available.
-- Fire Incident Reports and Fire Investigation Reports
-- including Hazardous Materials, Above and Underground Tanks, Certificates of Occupancy, Environmental Issues and Complaints
Ambulance Billing Reports (Additional documentation Required)
-- Itemized Billing Statements for Transports in an Ambulance
Medical Records (Additional documentation Required)
-- Records from Paramedics or EMS Report
The release of medical records is governed by the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and there are additional documentation requirements for Medical Records.
If you are requesting records and:
The patient is 18 years of age or older with one of the following:
- Requestor is the patient and has an original or a copy of a photo ID.
- Requestor has notarized authorization and a copy of a photo ID from the patient.
- Requestor has a notarized power of attorney for the patient.
If the patient is under 18 years of age, one of the following is required:
- Requestor has an original or notarized copy of the patient’s birth certificate.
- Requestor has an original or notarized copy showing Court appointed guardianship of the patient.
- Requestor has an original or notarized copy of the patient’s birth certificate or Court appointed guardianship papers and a notarized letter stating that the parents or guardian allow the requestor to have the information.
If the patient is deceased a copy of the death certificate must be included with records request.
Steps to Obtain Records
- 1. Complete correct request form
- 2. Submit to Fire Department
- 3. You will be notified when your request is complete and the fee assessed
- 4. Pay fees
- 5. Receive Records
(Requests will not be released without payment)
Non-commercial use: City standard copy fee, $.19 per page
Commercial use: $29.00 per request plus the City standard copy fee, $.19 per page.
- Audio Tapes $2.75
- Photo CD $4.00
- Video Tapes $29.00
- Photograph Prints $.50 each
- 911 Audio CD $16.50
- Fire Inspection Activity History Search: $29.00 per address plus the City standard copy fee, $.19 per page
Payment will be accepted by cash, charge or check made to the City of Phoenix.